Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby dedication

We had a Baby Dedication Day at church for 2 of the babies who were born in the last year at our church. K did wonderfully, not that she had anything in particular to do except stay in my arms. the other little guy, who just learned to walk, wanted to do just that-get down and walk around. HE is pretty cute and everyone was good-nautred about it, of course. I think his parents were a bit embarrassed but I'm sure he will provide many more embarrassing moments for them in the years to come. I know this from experience. I won't go into details on that one... lol
Anyway, here is a pic


Not a lot going on here, as usual. C is still trying to get a few projects done around the house before he leaves. That is coming up faster than I care to think about. He found out last month that he will only get one leave period instead of two as we had previously thought. I am going to have to buy a huge jar for our "Daddy kisses" this time. I think I am going to do enough for the first 6 months and then do enough for the last 6 months, instead of counting down the whole year. I think that will be easier for T and I won't have to count as many kisses at once. lol

T-man is doing very well in school. He has learned enough letters to start making words. He has a word list of around 50 words that he can actually read. So proud of him! I think once he realized how to sound out the letters and then blend the sounds together to form words, he thought it was pretty cool. So now he is practicing more at home and wanting to send "messages" to T-pa and Papa. Those are mostly just him typing out the words he can spell.

K is finally starting to crawl around on her hands and knees more, although she still prefers the commando crawl when she going "cross-country". She is also pulling up to her feet all the time. She hasn't started cruising anywhere yet, but I'm sure that is coming soon. I think she is finally starting to get her 2 bottom teeth in. I can see and feel the little bumps on her gums, although they are not red and inflamed looking yet. I hope they aren't too rough for her.

That's about all that is going in our household. That's about all I want to be goign on right now too. :)

1 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i think k and a are doing about the same stuff...he does the worm and occasionally gets on his hands and knees. he just started pulling up and has started to do the frankenstein and slowly and awkwardly cruise around the furniture. just a few steps...he usually forgets to bring a foot along.

we're in trouble now!