Sunday, February 10, 2008

She's here!!

Kelsie Caroline was born 2/2/08. I had a feeling on Friday that I was going into labor because I was having contractions all day, even though they were not very painful or frequent, and some other "stuff" that I just won't go into details about here. lol The contractions started getting more frequent and regular after dinner, so around 11:30 that night, I called L&D to see when/if I should come in. The contractions were regular, but not increasing in intensity very much, if at all. They gave me some guidleines and we got to the hospital around 2 am on Saturday. Nothing like a 40 minute drive on an interstate that needs repair to make contractions really start hurting! lol They admitted me to see if I was really in labor, and finally around 6:30 or so asked if we wanted to have a baby that morning. She was born at 7:42 am, weighing 7 lbs 4.9 oz and measuring 19&3/4 inches long.
It's been a tiring week, trying to get the whole milk supply established and adjusting to 2 kids. The stupid dog thinks Kelsie belongs to her or something. Every time she cries, the dog comes running over to see what the problem is. If the dog is in the kennel when she cries, she (the dog) goes nuts wanting to get out. Drives me insane. Anyway, here are a few pics that we have taken. Heven't had too much time this past week to get many, but I am planning on getting some shots this week.



She is the sweetest baby! Sooooo different that T was as a baby. She actually likes to be held and cuddled. And she loves her pacifier. She sleeps great so far and is very easy to please when she cries. T just loves her. I was a little worried at first because the first time he came to the hospital, he did not want anything to do with me or her. I think that had more to do with the fact that I still had the IV's and stuff hooked up and could not get out of bed. He was much happier the next day when I was out of bed and could give him hugs and stuff. He told C that first night that he did not like his baby sister, but now he says he loves her and likes to hold her. He was excited last night because he told me "now that the baby's out of your tummy, you can play with me!" I had to remind him that I still have to be careful because of my incision, but he didn't seem to mind that.
I'll post more photos as I take them, hopefully some each day. I told C that I want a tripod for V-day so I can get some shots of all of us together. C hates going to have our pictures taken so he never smiles in those pics, but he will at least look happy in ones I get at home. We'll see if he actually gets it or not.

2 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i'm so happy for you!!

Joni M said...

Welcome baby K! Congratulations to the whole family!!!