Monday, January 8, 2007

Love is my word for the year



While sitting in church yesterday morning, Pastor Tom made to statement "Love requires action." This stuck out to me because so often, I get caught up in the day to day business of life and forget to show those that I love how much I do love them. Not only does it apply in the spiritual sense, as he was talking about, but it our other relationships as well. So, I chose LOVE as my word for the year (Ali E's challenge) to remind myself to DO the things that show my love. So, I made a layout for it. And, of course, I used some tips from Ali E's book on scrapbooking with patterened paper. (I just got that last week-needed it a long time ago!) I am pleased with how it turned out. I posted it on 2 ScrappyChix Designs for the Elsie's challenge that is going on there. I enjoyed creating this layout!
T's birthday party was great. He had a blast and the other kids did too. they played Musical Islands, Walk the Plank, and X marks the spot (pin the x on the map). Then we had a little snack and cake and ice cream. the cake was totally cool. They all loved the treasures inside the cake. After the cake and ice cream, we had a treasure hunt for their treasures (goodie bags) and that was a great time. It was a fun party. I'm glad T had such a good time. The weather was fabulous-over 70 degrees! I don't know when he will get such great weather for his birthday again!

3 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

cute page, b...i love that pp. that cake looks great too!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very touching layout, Becky, you did good! {hugs}

lisa said...

What a beautiful LO!! What a great word for the year... :)