Wednesday, January 3, 2007

What have I started?


Oh my gosh, I started this and then I think I dreamed about it the rest of the night! How crazy is that!

Anywho, I got the new SS magazine last night and read it all, of course. There was one article/layout ideas that grabbed my attention in there. It was about writing from the heart. One way to become a better writer is to spend more time listening to those around you and those you love. After reading the journaling on the different layouts, I thought that I should do that with T, especially since C is leaving tomorrow and will be gone for so long (3 months). I understand and comprehend why he has to go, but I never know/knew what T understands and doesn't understand. All he knew last year when C was gone to Afghanistan was that he was gone and that he called us sometime. When he was in the Middle East in November, he did not totally understand where daddy was and why he could not come home or why we could not call him. I didn't really listen to how he may have felt about it though. I could see that he was sad and didn't quite understand, but that was all I processed. This time, I think I will listen more and make a page for him so that he will know and understand later about his daddy's deployments.

3 comments:

Kim Langston said...

Starting out great with your blog... Love your layouts too!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

looks great girl...love the layouts...

Aimeslee Winans said...

Becky, I can't even fathom what you all go through..my prayers are with ya'll.

Love the layout..the design and colors were def dream-worthy.

{{hugs}}